The Club Committee would like to wish all club members a very Happy New Year!
In addition to sharing our best wishes for the year, we want to let you all know what is being planned for 2022 and to remind anyone that hasn’t already renewed their club membership, that these are now due.
All club memberships (excluding memberships purchased since September 2021) expired at the end of December and therefore, if you haven’t already, now is the time to renew. If you are uncertain of whether your membership is up for renewal, contact [insert details Sue / Adrian who will confirm].
The club finished 2021 with 327 members. This is the largest end of year number that the club has ever had! As at [insert date] 2022 club membership stands at [refresh at date of sending but today (6 Jan) stands at 85 comprising 50 renewals and 35 post Sept joiners].
A sales pitch is not required as you already know how special the club is. However, just in case, here is a short reminder!
• It’s a membership-led club with lots of fantastic people
• Numerous club ride options, distance, terrain and pace to suit
• Amazing ride leaders that take on route planning and getting the group safely around
• A fantastic start / finish location for rides (parking, covered and sheltered meeting place, available track pump and tools, fast service, great food quality and quantity and acceptance of wet and sometimes mucky cyclists)
• Social activities
• Members only website and Facebook pages and Strava group
• A social community with knowledge, skills and experience (not just related to cycling)
• Beyond the above, the committee has already started working up some great plans for 2022. As this will be the club’s tenth anniversary year, we want to make this year even more special with lots of cycling and social opportunities!
During 2021, we launched a new website with a members’ area. Further developments are planned in line with our aim to improve planning and to reduce the club’s reliance on Facebook as the medium through which club activities are promoted and managed. One thing that we have never really cracked before is having an easily accessed calendar of club activities and other relevant (cycling related) events.
We will soon be launching a calendar that will enable members to see what is coming up months in advance and potentially plan other things around this, avoiding frustration and disappointment. Members will be able to add into the calendar information regarding events such as races, sportives / charity rides that they feel other members may wish to participate in or watch.
Accessing the calendar will require members to have log-in to the website, so if you don’t already have access [insert details, e.g. contact Phil G via …..].